seeing my own designs in print is such a lovely feeling. love editing & ordering them. when a box full of happiness arrives it gives me happy goose bumps. and than it takes a lot of work to list them in my shop. YES, i'm still gonna continue with my own products. in my own pace.
but did you know what kind of work it takes to get one single phonecase in the shop? okay. just to get a little idea:
- make a lovely mixed media design
- edit in photoshop for a pop of color
- edit in photoshop for the right size (iphone 5 or 6, samsung 5 or 6 or sometimes other custom requests)
- upload files to my manufacturer
- wait anxiously :)
- receive order and check every single phonecase, check for mistakes, strange misses or bruises
- take sweet pictures of every phonecase from different angles
- edit those pictures in photoshop so the background does indeed look white and the phonecase looks as cute as can be
- also don't forget to put my website & logo on every singel picture
- upload pictures to Etsy and/or my online shop
- edit text about how cute my phonecases are
- think about tags, details and information that needs to be on the information page of the phonecase
- making sure i use the right prices
- find out how to package each item and what the postal costs will be
- talking to my phonecases, promising them a sweet & caring home :)
- making an ezine telling my sweet friends & birdies i've got new phonecases listed!
- promoting on Facebook, Facebook business page, twitter, instagram, my blog and telling all my neighbors they are here!
- keeping little Sanne's hand out of my stash!
so, it's not like order & put online and done with it. it's kinda LOTS AND LOTS and lots of work if you ask me. but hey, it makes me happy. it makes me so freaking happy to be able to do the stuff i love most. create & share.
on the agenda today: working from home to be as creative as can be, a 'little' visit to the dentist and some quality time with the muppets is part of the game.
life is good. create & share.