ohhh uber cuteness in a fishbowl! why did i made these? well. my cute little Sanne is an animal lover. if it was up to her, we would live on a farm with a gazzillion animals to love and take care off. but since we live in the real world, we 'only' have 2 bunnies. and they are more than i can handle anyways. now she had made up her mind and WANTED fish. because, she figured, they were low-maintenance (yes, she knows how to talk right up my ally). well. my sweet girl. she needs to learn a little bit about what really is low-maintenance. there's no animal that is THAT. so i told her i would make her some fish....
and these felt fishies are not only dang cure, they are freaking easy to make too. and i know you like that!
so here we go:
- a fishbowl or anything like it
- different pieces of colored felt (in your stash! or hobbystore :)
- embroidery thread in different colors
- glue (i've glued on the eyes with Tacky Glue (fabric glue)
- thin wooden skewers (sateprikkers) (i use those to hang the fishies on)
1. you need two pieces of felt for every piece you are creating. i made 2 fishies, 1 octopus and 1 seaweed. you can ofcourse make anything you feel like. just cut it out by hand, place it on top of the other piece of felt, pin down, and cut out.
2. use your embroidery thread to sew around, i've used the blanket stitch. don't forget to stuff while you are sewing. when it's to small (like the legs of the octopus) i simply don't stuff. you don't need to make it any more difficult. chill. it's felt fish.
3. the eyes. i cut out 2 small circles white, 2 a bit smaller circles of black or dark grey and 1 a bit bigger circle than the white of the color of the animal. that one, i cut in 2 and those become the upper eye lids. i glue the black circles on the white ones with the Tacky Glue. than i sew with my blanket stitch the eyelids on top. when the eyes are completely done, than i glue them on the body and tada. stinking cute looking fish. or octopus. or both.
4. the mouths are simply cut from a small piece of light pink felt.
arent' they droopy?
did you know trying to photograph felt fish in a glass bowl is nearly impossible? no? try it...
ohhh and she's watching you. i love how the muppets play with them already.
so that's what i used the tiny wooden skewers for. put some embroidery thread in a loop, through the top of the fishies and the muppets can play with their new best friends.
gonna make these? cute! show them to me, love to see what you do with the felt!
on the agenda today: lots of work to do. last couple of weeks i had so much muscle pain it was not fun anymore. so i try to balance everything out. it was also 'fair in town' so my muppets ofcourse wanted & needed me to come. i did, but ohhh the pain the next day. couldn't hardly walk normally. i know this is just part of the deal. and i'm trying to find a balance in these things. doing something like a few hours on the fair, means extra bonus pain the next day. hey. but that's something i can handle. i just need to make sure i don't have plans the next day :). so back to today. work and i hope to squeeze in some precious REVolution time so i can try and finish at least one canvas that is calling my name for a few weeks now.
life is good. make felt fish.